(Title somewhat stolen from Sarah.)
In the spirit of, well, increasing the awesome in the universe, here are a few things that have been exceedingly spectacular lately:
- The knee is adjusting to the running spectacularly, just like my PT said it would. By Sunday, it wasn’t even getting sore after doing my walk/run on it, and this week I’ve knocked it down to a 1/3 interval (one minute run, three minute walk) with no problems.
- The knee is also about 95% ok with doing yoga, which means I can go in, modify or skip just a few poses, and leave feeling like I just got my ass kicked in the best possible way. Absolutely nothing beats that post-yoga limp noodle feeling. I missed it.
- The sun is trying to come out! Most of our days are still cloudy, chilly and damp, but over the weekend we had 12 glorious hours of sunny & almost 70. Spring is on its way, even if it is taking its damn time.
- This tea mug, which I picked up in a little tea shop in Leavenworth a few weekends back. It’s incredibly handy, holds two full cups of tea, and the built-in infuser and drip tray mean I never have to search for a tea ball or worry about it popping open or figure out what to do with it once my tea is done brewing. Between this mug and the weather, my tea consumption has increased dramatically.
- I am less than two weeks away from being done with my first year of PT school. I have no idea how that happened. I have also now forgotten more anatomy then I ever thought I would need to learn.
- I am just four weeks away from going to France for our honeymoon, which is something I’ve wanted to do for just about as long as I can remember. I am going to spend two weeks living on cheese, bread and wine and it is going to be glorious.